Welcome to HinterlandHomegrown.com – a Blog that helps people to create a happy and healthy life by getting back to basics: simple green living and traditional and ancient life-skills.
My name is Brooke Palframan and I’m a married Mum of two boys blogging as a creative hobby. I live on 1.5 acres in a small town in the Sunshine Coast Hinterland, in Queensland, Australia. We have a beautiful subtropical climate, and being on a mountain, are blessed with lots of rain and mostly mild weather – perfect for food growing!
I am writing this blog to keep a record of my journey to a simpler, more relaxed and joyful life. I hope I can inspire you and help show you how to get there too.
Everything you and I do in our lives can be made uncomplicated and taken back to the essentials so that we can be less busy, stressed and overwhelmed. We can do this to create a contented life with time for what matters to us.
Back to basics living is homegrown living
Our basic needs can be met mainly at home; we can be more self-reliant. I think that there is a lot of satisfaction and enjoyment in living this way. Some of the ways we are providing for our basic needs for survival and happiness at home are:
- growing, cooking, storing and preserving our food
- being more self-reliant and making things from scratch like soap and bread
- exploring how to live off-grid and eco-friendly with Permaculture design
- saving money for peace of mind and to be able to buy more life experiences
- developing a happy and resilient mind
- decluttering the home and caring for what we have
- creating more free time and relaxing more by cutting back on “work” we do
- spending more quality time with family, friends and neighbours
- living more compassionately by being vegan
- getting out into nature more and Rewilding.
I’m also interested in how traditional cultures provide for their basic needs and live well. I think we can learn a lot from traditional cultures and ancient societies.
I would like it if you can join me on my journey to becoming more happy and healthy by living simply and green and getting back to basics.
Be part of Hinterland Homegrown
Blog Post Comments
Please let me know what you think by leaving your comments on the blog posts. I’m open to hearing your opinion and sharing your experiences with you.
You can also use the contact form to get in touch.
Subscribe to the Blog
To subscribe to Hinterland Homegrown blog posts, visit the homepage and click on the WordPress or e-mail follow buttons. You can also follow me on Instagram for photos of the progress of the kitchen garden and the beauty in nature.
Thank you for reading my blog today and I look forward to hearing from you.
Much love and kindness,